Monday, April 4, 2011

Fiber Arts Frenzy all week long




Fiber artwork
I wan to celebrate fiber and all the great achievements that artist have made in different art  fields.  I have been looking at a lot of great fibers in artwork, rugs, blankets and pillows, curtains, purses, baskets etc ...using different fibers are great way to style your home and your life.  I can't wait to get to the nitty gritty of what I have been falling for lately in the fiber department. 

Fiber arts frenzy
 Today I am going to start with...felt!

1) embroidered felt paintings by Mermalade Rose blog

I love these fiber arts paintings made with felt.  I was so inspired to try this myself, but it's one of those projects that would take a lot of time and money.  I don't know if I am quite ready for that commitment.  Until then...Here are some beautiful ones to look at.
 
Foxglove

Foxglove close up

Bolton Castle, Herb garden in Embroidered felt

Herb Garden close up
2) Needle felting by Deebs on Etsy

No. 634 Blue Skies

No. 553. Ocean Floor

No. 475 Red Field

Here is some of the most adorable felted baby mobiles from Made4uByMagic
These are little gnomes done in a simple yet exquisite way.







No comments:

Post a Comment