Friday, April 8, 2011

Breathtaking Interiors with Chambray

I just came across my new favorite interior decorator, Frank Roop.  I don't know if you have heard of him before, but he is amazing. I was researching Chambray(a lightweight fabric woven with white threads across a colored warp) and all it's uses and his name came up with some great works of art. Roop has been featured in many popular magazines such as Metropolitan Home and Elle Decor.  He has been viewed through Apartment therapy and countless other places if you are interesting in looking into this decorator on your own.

Here are his Interiors:

Notice the pop of color is only straight ahead. L and R is mainly neutral
Chambray curtains set the mood.

Who wouldn't want to sip tea and read a magazine on those cozy chaises?

Chambray!

This color scheme is beautiful!

Great little nook

somewhat beachy

tabletop decor

glam

chambray colored couch

Danish modern table is a beaut

This is what my entrance way look like... I mean I wish mine did

Lovely Breakfast time

Yellow curtains are glorious

Very mod

Easy storage yet stylish

This was so much fun for me to look through.  I can imagine my dream home now.   Our goal is to get our house up for sale in two weeks, so we've been praying for a buyer along with direction and guidance in finding our future home.  I do not expect some glamorous home but I want to find a home that has great structure and appeals to me by it's layout.  Everything else can be changed. My husband is great at woodworking and house projects.  So, I feel like I can design it and he can make it. My husband and I both have a top 5 list and we are going to do our best in finding those top 5's and it's pretty much going to be a miracle if we do that, but it's possible.  We are willing to give in on certain things, however we hope to be patient and let God do his work and not settle just because we are getting anxious.  So much fun. Here's to another beautiful day ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Becky, your blog is wonderful. The interiors that you showed in this post are to die for! The colors and everything are so rich and perfect. It makes me want to sell everything in my house and start over! Loving your blog, keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janae. You're sweet. I'm having the same decor withdrawals and wanting to change.

    ReplyDelete