Thursday, June 9, 2011

3rd Wedding Anniversary!

I have an awesome husband.  He blesses me daily with his kind spirit and long lasting patience with me.  I am not always a ball of fun and he's stuck around me for a very long time.  Derek and I dated for about 6 years before we were married and that to me is a trooper. We have had some great memories from our years together and I couldn't imagine life without him.  He is a great father to Nolan and I can't wait until Nolan truly understands how caring Derek really is. This year to celebrate our anniversary we enjoyed the simple things.  I made some Chicago style pizza (recipe courtesy of my friend Carrie), then we took Nolan to the park by our house for some family fun and watched a movie.



Derek brought these home

I was trying to sum up some of the most memorable times we've shared in these past three years of our marriage and there have been many.  Although not all of them were captured on film or camera.  I narrowed it down to three.  We both love vacations and my 2nd and 3rd favs were the wedding/honeymoon trip to Riviera Mia Mexico and our 1st year anniversary trip to Hawaii with Justin and Kendra whom were also on their 1st year anniversary. 

Wedding/Honeymoon 2008

Pic taken by Janae Hardy

Pic taken by Janae Hardy
Beach side dinner for two! So dreamy
Giant chess game at our resort



Trip to the market

Vacation to Hawaii with Kendra and Justin

We were able to stay with some friends that used to go to our church part of the time. They were so amazing and hospitable. They are one of the most lively and spirited families I know that also love the Lord and follow his plan; which just so happened to be in Hawaii on a quiet peaceful part of the island. I was able to get some fun scenery photo's as well.. just trying to capture a glimpse of the beauty that is there. 



Derek and Justin and their fake tattoo's

Sunrise walk with a flower given to me by a Hawaiian making baskets to sell at the market

North shore

North shore site seeing trip

Beautiful Kendra

sunrise

our light house hike






Wonderful Memories from our wedding, honeymoon, and vacation...but my most fond memory was (as cheesy as it sounds) not the actual birth of our son, but about an hour afterwards.  Hehe.  It was great to finally meet Nolan and to share this with Derek.  

Meeting Dad for the first time
A week or so later
Love you Derek and thanks for being my loving husband.

4 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! I love your pictures of Hawaii. SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe that you two have been married for 3 years already! That just seems crazy. I cannot wait to meet little Nolan when I come home in August. I love you Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky! I love this post. That picture from Hawaii of the super clear water below and the ocean water above with the mountains is AMAZING! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all, I want to be in Hawaii now. Oh well. Can't wait to see you Mal. Stay safe and keep up the amazing work; see you soon.

    ReplyDelete