Monday, September 19, 2011

tiny bottom boy

 
My son happens to be in the lower 5 % for weight, but he's actually kind of tall for his age as well.  I am beginning to have a difficult time finding clothes that fit him.  I love finding thrift clothes for the little man, but for the clothes to fit is rare.  We have a friend that lets us use all of her sons clothes when he grows out of them, but I have a feeling the pants may be a bit more of a challenge this time around (Thanks Cami and James).  

overalls fit everyone right?

So, my solution for this predicament is to try and make them.  I have called upon the moms in my life to help the process go a little smoother.  My mother-in-law and my mom are going to lend a helping hand.  Seems silly maybe...some may say just put him in sweats from Wal-Mart and find some suspenders and be done with it.  If he were a girl I could just do leggings and dress...boys clothes are more difficult. However, I love making things and I would rather learn to make cute clothes and have my son's skinny bottom have some more clothing options other than overalls or high-water pants.

Here's are some styles I'll be shooting for:

Comfy:
 


these go to mid-calf
Dress:






Other:





 
This week my goal is to make four pair of comfy pants.  Then I want to make 2 or 3 pairs of nice non-pleaded slacks for church and other occasions within the next week or two.  I may be a little hopeful on the numbers because we won't have patterns, just pictures to go off of.  It's worth a try and this blog can keep me a motivator to keep my word (goal). Chow for now. bw


Sources: jcrew, joah love, bobinette, zutano, polarn o. pyret

No comments:

Post a Comment