Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Picnic or Camping anyone?

  Maybe it's time to bring out the quilt again and take a trip to the countryside...for a picnic or even camping.  I love going camping.  Some may say that it's gross and totally not worth it, but I think it's peaceful and always gives me fond memories. Canoeing, hiking, making hobo stew, and eating s'mores over the campfire are all wonderful to me. Can't beat waking up to the sounds of nature at it's finest.  Unless it's 3 in the morning and a raccoon is rummaging through the food.

Recently saw these basket from sutherland on zulily or totsy; I can't remember which one. We have had amazing picnic weather.  Not trendy or anything modern, just a classic and cute picnic basket.











Here are some beautiful quilts....



These were photos are from the American Folk Art Museum.  The museum worked in conjunction with the Armory to mount the exhibit called Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts. The quilts all came from the collection of Joanna S. Rose. And they are not hanging all of her quilts, only 650 of the best out of her collection of more than 800. Ms. Rose has offered the quilts for exhibition in celebration of her 80th birthday. 

urban quilt
anthropologie quilt designs

urban quilt

source: urbananthropologie

 
Try and pack up your tents and baskets and enjoy the outdoors at least once this coming fall.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh camping. I can't wait until I get to go again! I love the peacefulness too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete