Friday, March 11, 2011

Ideas for Nolan's 1st Birthday bash

I am so excited for Nolan to turn one.  We aren't having a very big party or anything, just family.  However  our extended family can get some what larger.  My husband is the oldest of 6 children.  It will only get larger as time goes on, which is a good thing.  For me, I have one brother and he is married with two beautiful children of his own.  Nolan is the third grandchild on my side of the family and the first on my husbands.  Pretty fun either way.
I plan on having a little get together in about a week and I wanted to do some planning and decorating to make it memorable for basically everyone over the age of 10 (haha).  We are fully aware that Nolan will only see pictures from this event and will not recollect anything. We are also aware that if we have any other children they will be jealous of all the attention Nolan received at the early age of one. So there you have it...we try not to spoil him, but he probably will and currently is receiving more attention because we only have one kid so far.
  Here is a simple yet creative idea for friends and family to get a picture with the birthday boy.  This is an adorable photo booth idea from ohdeedoh.


 
                  






Birthday invitation....sorry couldn't figure out how to flip around
I like the idea of draping fabric remnants.
I may try and drape some over our mantel almost like a circus tent.


cake topper

I thought this and a fawn similar from the picture below would be darling on top of the bunting cake.
I would have to make them out of fondent.
I love the shape of this little fawn.  

I hope to get back with you in a week or so with the final products from our bash!

No comments:

Post a Comment