Thursday, March 10, 2011

Acts 16:31

  Just recently I have been feeling very anxious about what God has in store for our future home.  I have not been content at all with what we have already been blessed with.  My husband and I bought our home knowing it was a starter home for us and gave us a wonderful chance to work together and fix up a house.  It has been a lot of fun; however a pain in the neck and/or wallet at times too.  At church this past Sunday our sermon was on being content and allowing God to work in your lives the way God see's fitting.  I have not been doing this because I have been to anxious to put our house on the market and begin looking at new homes before we have even finished the one we're in.  In my mind, I thought we would sell last summer, God had a different plan and I am beginning to grasp that I am not the decision maker; God is in complete control.  Yesterday I went out to some thrift store's to look for a few things in particular.  I came across some cute frames and I started making one into another chalkboard yesterday and today I finished.  I have three already, but this one has a verse on it that helped give me perspective on life and my reasons for being alive and raising a family.  I hope this verse is as uplifting to you today as it was for me.  I have a wonderful home and my husband and I choose to praise the Lord.

Acts 16:31
And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

It's a very simple reminder.


I paired the chalkboard with a vintage mirror to add character and a nice visual appeal.



No comments:

Post a Comment