Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Goodbye to our numerous desks

I don't really know how it happened, but some how my husband and I ended up with four desks in our smaller three bedroom house.  I had bought one from a garage sale before we got married and that was our first desk when we moved to our house. Then my husband said it was too feminine to use as his office desk, so he made one for himself. A couple weeks later he was offered a free corner desk that lasted all of 4 months. Lastly my mother decided I needed to finish taking my things that I left at their house...so one more desk.
I really liked my garage sale desk because it had ample storage for me and my teaching supplies for school and yet it had a cute shape.  We sold the desk two weeks ago. We didn't have to do much to this desk,just a fresh coat of paint and new seat fabric for the chair.

Sorry about pic, our dog wanted to be in it.
 Derek's handmade desk was designed off of this desk. Except he left the desk in it's natural wood state.


We sold another desk earlier this week and it was my childhood desk.  It's been many colors and had lots of crafts, nail polish stains, and home work tears on it.  With a little love and we made it look ready for a new owner. I was a little sad to pass this one on, but we sold both of our desks to younger teens that will give them even more attention than we were giving them.

 The fourth desk we only had for a few months and it was a cheap plywood corner desk.  Not cute really in any way.  That desk made it's was to the curb with no tears or regrets.

I still hope to find a desk later on if we had a kids playroom/craft room someday.  But, for know we are happy to be down to one desk. Lots more room and less clutter.

bw

No comments:

Post a Comment